**Veterinary Consultations book out 2-3 weeks and Therapy Sessions book out 3-4 weeks. Please contact us as soon as possible to schedule. Please note that there will be waiting period between the Initial Consultation and starting Underwater Treadmill and other therapies. While we have Saturday appointments available, they book up quickly.**
Your first appointment will be with one of our veterinarians certified in canine rehabilitation. This consultation will be 1-1.5 hours, depending on your pet’s presenting concern. Depending on the day of the week, your appointment may be scheduled at either SOUND Veterinary Rehabilitation Center, 14820 15th Ave NE, or in the Animal Surgical building located immediately south at 14810 15th Ave NE. Parking is available at both locations.
At your first consultation, the rehabilitation veterinarian will review your pet’s detailed medical history, perform a comprehensive rehabilitation examination, and discuss their findings, treatment recommendations, and expectations. You will be provided with a plan of care that may include home exercises, pain medication, supplements, assistive devices and nutritional recommendations. These recommendations can be started immediately while waiting to get in for therapy sessions. In addition to a home program, most patients will benefit from returning for therapy sessions 1-3 times/ week.
Underwater treadmill and other modalities will not be performed during the initial consultation. An Introduction to Therapy Session will be scheduled after the Initial Consultation Appointment to introduce you and your pet to the gym and underwater treadmill.
The Introduction to Therapy Session will be scheduled for 45-60 minutes. This allows enough time for us to get to know your pet and introduce them to the various therapeutic tools we have. Animals are introduced to the underwater treadmill gradually and initial sessions in the tank typically last 5-10 minutes, based on the physical condition of your pet. While underwater treadmill therapy is very helpful, we also provide a wide range of other treatments that may be incorporated to meet the physical and therapeutic needs of your pet, including: land exercises (canine gym), laser therapy, manual therapy, massage, and other modalities.
Based on the Introduction to Therapy Session, our therapists will tailor the appropriate package for your pet. We schedule therapy sessions for 30, 45 or 60 minutes with either one or two therapists working with your dog. The treatment recommendations are customized for each patient based on the initial evaluation. While therapy sessions will be modified as needed at each session, recheck consultations with the rehabilitation veterinarian are required in order to discuss progress and adjust therapy appropriately.
There are 3 designated parking spots immediately in front of SOUND. Parking is also available in the Animal Surgical and Orthopedic Center lot, immediately south of SOUND.
Please do not park in undesignated spots in the Family Health Care lot or in the apartment building lot next door.
• All dogs must be ON LEASH at all times in the parking lot and reception area. This is a zero-tolerance policy for the safety of all of our patients. We will provide one warning if we see your dog off leash. Further failure to adhere to this policy will result in refusal of future service. Animals that are not able to walk may be carried.
• Dogs are not permitted to play or interact inside the building. Please be courteous to other clients and do not allow your pet to approach other people or dogs.
• If your dog is reactive to other dogs, please let us know when scheduling your appointment.
Cancellation Policies: SOUND Veterinary Rehabilitation Center is committed to providing all of our patients with exceptional care. When a patient cancels without giving enough notice, they prevent another patient from being seen.
Please call us at 206-773-2262 by 2:00 p.m. on the day prior to your scheduled appointment to notify us of any changes or cancellations. To cancel a Monday appointment, please call our office by 2:00 p.m. on Friday. If prior notification is not given, you will be charged 75% of the cost of a veterinary consultation and 100% of a therapy session (1 visit from a pre-purchased package).
Showing up late. We get it, Seattle traffic is terrible. Please plan accordingly when coming in for an appointment. If you are going to be late, please call us. If you are more than 15 minutes late to a new consultation, we will reschedule this exam as it is not fair to anyone to cut this time short. If you are late to a therapy session we will often be able to provide some therapy, but we will need to adhere to the time that your pet was scheduled for. This may mean that underwater treadmill may not be possible.
Pet Insurance. We love that so many people have pet insurance. However, the doctors and staff of SOUND will not work directly with any insurance company to obtain payment, request coverage, or appeal a claim. Payment is due at the time of service.
We will provide the following to help you obtain insurance coverage for services we provide:
- Detailed and thorough summary of your pet’s condition, including physical exam findings, assessment of the problem, and recommended treatment.
- Itemized estimate of the treatments recommended.
- Doctor signature on insurance claims
- Itemized invoices from every visit
Your responsibility/ SOUND will not do the following:
- We do not accept pre-authorization, promise-to-pay or payment directly from insurance companies.
- Clients are responsible for payment and coordinating reimbursement from their insurance company.
- We will not automatically submit records/ updates to your insurance company; we have found that some companies do not request all up-to-date records. Please be sure your insurance company has all relevant information for your pet’s condition.
- We will not falsify or change any medical records. Doctors will record their findings and give their professional assessment.
- We will not call or email your insurance company to request or discuss coverage or to appeal a claim.
Please “potty” your dog prior to coming in.
Dog walking areas include: Immediately out front of SOUND and around the back of the building, along the side of Animal Surgical Clinic on 15th Ave.
*PLEASE do not allow your dogs to walk or eliminate in the landscaping on the east side of building between the Family Health building and neighboring apartments.
Please pick up after your dog! Dog waste receptacles and bags are provided on site.