Preparing For Your Consultation
Your first consultation will be with a veterinarian. This consultation will be 45 minutes – 1.5 hours, depending on your pet’s presenting concern. Your consultation will held at the Animal Surgical building located at 14810 15th Ave NE, Shoreline, WA, 98155.
During your consultation, your veterinarian will review your pet’s detailed medical history, perform a comprehensive rehabilitation examination, and discuss their findings, treatment recommendations, and expectations. You will be provided with a plan of care that may include home exercises, pain medication, supplements, assistive devices and nutritional recommendations. These recommendations can be started immediately while waiting to get in for therapy sessions. Underwater treadmill and other modalities will not be performed during the initial consultation.
Please fill out this New Client Form prior to your appointment. When scheduling your appointment you should have received an appointment confirmation that includes this information.
- All dogs must be ON LEASH at all times in the parking lot and reception area. This is a zero-tolerance policy for the safety of all of our patients. Animals that are not able to walk may be carried.
- Please be courteous to other clients and do not allow your pet to approach other people or dogs.
- If your dog is reactive to other dogs, please let us know when scheduling your appointment.
Please “potty” your dog prior to coming in.
Dog walking areas include: Immediately out front of the SOUND building, around the back of the building and along the side of Animal Surgical Clinic on 15th Ave.
- Please do not allow your dogs to walk or eliminate in the landscaping on the east side of building between the Family Health building and neighboring apartments.
- Please pick up after your dog! Dog waste receptacles and bags are provided on site.
There are 3 designated parking spots immediately in front of SOUND. Parking is also available in the Animal Surgical and Orthopedic Center lot, immediately south of SOUND.
Please do not park in undesignated spots in the Family Health Care lot or in the apartment building lot next door.
SOUND Veterinary Rehabilitation Center is committed to providing all of our patients with exceptional care. When a patient cancels without giving enough notice, they prevent another patient from being seen.
Please call us at 206-773-2262 by 2:00 p.m. on the day prior to your scheduled appointment to notify us of any changes or cancellations. If prior notification is not given, you will be charged 75% of the cost of a consultation and 100% of a therapy session (1 visit from a pre-purchased package).
*We will not be enforcing cancellation policy for anyone that is feeling sick, has tested positive for COVID-19, or has a known exposure. We appreciate your courtesy in letting us know if any of these apply.
Showing up late. We get it, Seattle traffic is terrible. Please plan accordingly when coming in for an appointment. If you are going to be late, please call us. If you are more than 15 minutes late to a new consultation, we will reschedule this exam as it is not fair to anyone to cut this time short. If you are late to a therapy session we will often be able to provide some therapy, but we will need to adhere to the time that your pet was scheduled for. This may mean that underwater treadmill may not be possible.
We love that so many people have pet insurance. However, the doctors and staff of SOUND do not work directly with any insurance company to obtain payment, request coverage, or appeal a claim. Payment is due at the time of service by owners.
We will provide the following to help you obtain insurance coverage for services we provide:
- Detailed and thorough summary of your pet’s condition, including physical exam findings, assessment of the problem, and recommended treatment.
- Itemized estimate of the treatments recommended.
- Doctor signature on insurance claims
- Itemized invoices for every visit
- We do not accept pre-authorization, promise-to-pay or payment directly from insurance companies.
- Clients are responsible for payment and coordinating reimbursement from their insurance company.
- We do not automatically submit records/ updates to your insurance company. Please be sure your insurance company has all relevant information for your pet’s condition.
- We will not falsify or change any medical records. Doctors will record their findings and give their professional assessment.
- We will not call or email your insurance company to request or discuss coverage or to appeal a claim.